Monday, November 9, 2009

Right Under Your Nose

We just returned from a long, wonderful trip across the Mediterranean and I promise that pictures are coming soon, but today I want to write about something God spoke to me about this morning. For now though, here is my favorite picture from a winery in Santorini, Greece. Oh how much fun the Mediterranean was, but oh how I love to be back at home with my family.



This morning I was out walking the dogs on this beautiful, crisp fall day. As I was on my way back home I noticed that an outside road had been exposed through the brush where all the trees have already lost their leaves. It was the main road outside our house, peaking in to the inner walls of our neighborhood, a beautiful fence lined path. Then it dawned on me, something so simple, yet so profound. A thought that through the hard times in life, we try to lean on and during the good times, we often forget. Over the vast tree filled, grassy meadow, was a path in which I have traveled to a fro, for many years, from the age of sixteen when my parents first moved out this way, until now where Barron and I are turning a house into a home. When I first drove along this street it was at an age in which a girl starts to truly wonder what God has in store for her life. On rainy days and sunny days I drove that road to the grocery store and back, maybe to the mall or even on a date. Little did I know, all the worrying I did, or wondering, God knew all along, that one day eleven years later, I would be looking out from the other side of that road, from my new home, with my loving husband, two little dogs and warm thoughts of our future family together here in this place. Right there, admist every trying time, every tear, every laugh and every stepping stone, this was God's plan for me. He always knows and yet so often we resist to trust His plan. I once heard a quote that has stuck with me over the years.

"When you can't see His hand. Trust His Heart ."

I'm not sure why God spoke to me about this today. It is such a simple truth that we hear all of the time, but in this moment it really hit home. Maybe someone needed to hear this today. Maybe He is preparing me to trust Him about something in my life or maybe it is just a simple reminder that He is in control. He has a plan and no matter what He will always take care of our needs. He will never give us a task that we cannot handle and at the end of the day we should thank Him for what He is doing in our lives because you never know, His plan could be Right Under Your Nose.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the congrats Julie! And for the prayers! :)

    And I LOVE your post. Definitely hits home and I'm so glad God spoke to your heart about this and your wrote on it. Gave me lots of good stuff to think about and hope for.

    And I can't wait to see you Italy pictures! That's the next big place on my list i want to visit (like in 10 years at this point....ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete